[En-Nut-Discussion] STM32F2 status

Henrik Maier hmnews at proconx.com
Wed Feb 6 09:51:07 CET 2013

On 26/01/2013 9:44 PM, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> Unrelated to this post but while I have your attention:-)
>
> Hendrik, if I remember right, you crafted the AT90CAN API. I didn't see any
> chance to adapt for the STM32. So I crafted the "can_dev" api. It allows to
> - initialize the device
> - set and query filters
> - send and receive
> I think this can also be ported back to AVR. If you have any comments,
> please let me know.

I just started using the CAN on the STM32F207 and had a look at the
drivers and the new canbus.h API. If this could be taken a bit further
and evolve into a new CAN API replacing the old can_dev.c/can_dev.h and
supporting the new CAN devices but also the good old SJA1000 that would
be great.

I will work on some CAN stuff in the coming months where I have to have
code running on the AT90CAN128 and on the STM32F207 so I am prepared to
spend some time on this.

We probably should continue this discussion then as a new thread.

Henrik