[En-Nut-Discussion] AT25DF SPI Device, undefined reference

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Feb 8 10:50:16 CET 2013

    David> Hello, I'm using the AT25DF64 flash memory attached to AT91-SAM7X
    David> through the SPI1 interface. I updated to NUT/OS Version 5.1
    David> because there is already a device driver for this chip.  Now i'm
    David> trying to register the at25 with

    David> NutRegisterSpiDevice(&devDataFlash0, &DEV_SPIBUS, 0);

    David> but my compiler tells me that 'devDataFlash0' is an "undefined
    David> reference". I already rebuilt my NUT/OS after updating to 5.10.

    David> What's the problem?  Thank you in advance.

    David> BTW: the headline "Stable Version 4.10" for the download on
    David> http://www.ethernut.de/en/download/index.html is misleading,
    David> because it is the download link for the 5.1 version.  -- /

It seems that a configuration item is missing. The definition is in
> ./dev/at25df.c:NUTDEVICE devDataFlash0
but the configuration doesn't compile it:
> find -name \*.nut |xargs grep at25df.c
hertz:/spare/bon/ethernut/trunk/nut

The hacky solution is probably to add dev/at25df.c to your compile directory
and to the Makefile.the right solution to add dev/at25df.c to the compile
list depending on the availability of the bus needed.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de