[En-Nut-Discussion] No A to D in V5.05

Robert von Knobloch bob at engelking.de
Fri Feb 8 15:06:10 CET 2013

On 08/02/13 13:15, Uwe Bonnes wrote: Sorry, you posting is misterious!
What was wrong, what did you fix, does is work now? And the question for
architecture and board unanswered. Bye

Board is Ethernut 2.1b, Dev system is Debian 6-0-6 as suggested in the
Ethernut web site. I figured that the 'recommended' toolchain should work.

I haven't used Ethernut for 4 years, but needed to change some stuff.

I gave up trying to install the Ethernut toolchain on My 'normal' OS
(OpenSuse 12.2), running into many dependancy problems (mainly
complaining that libs were too old, when, in fact, they were too new).
I ended up installing Debian on VirtualBox and using that.
After all this effort (took a lot of time), I got Ethernut configured
and started to work. I forgot to configure for floating point printf
functions and fooled myself that my reads of the a to d were returning
bad values.
That's when I asked the list.
Eventually I saw this problem and reconfigured.
Problem solved, just my memory failing.
(But it would help to do a little work on the Linux toolchain for other
distros, if there was effort available).
Many thanks,

Bob