[En-Nut-Discussion] No A to D in V5.05

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Feb 8 15:51:03 CET 2013

    Robert> On 08/02/13 13:15, Uwe Bonnes wrote: Sorry, you posting is
    Robert> misterious!  What was wrong, what did you fix, does is work now?
    Robert> And the question for architecture and board unanswered. Bye

    Robert> Board is Ethernut 2.1b, Dev system is Debian 6-0-6 as suggested
    Robert> in the Ethernut web site. I figured that the 'recommended'
    Robert> toolchain should work.

    Robert> I haven't used Ethernut for 4 years, but needed to change some
    Robert> stuff.

    Robert> I gave up trying to install the Ethernut toolchain on My
    Robert> 'normal' OS (OpenSuse 12.2), running into many dependancy
    Robert> problems (mainly complaining that libs were too old, when, in
    Robert> fact, they were too new).

I work with Opensuse 12.1 and 12.2. All the problems I saw, I think I have
fixed. If there are more problems, let us know after you did some sanity
checks  that the error is not an easy error of your side.

Without relevant input, problems unseen by active developper have no chance
to get fixed.

    Robert> I ended up installing Debian on
    Robert> VirtualBox and using that.  After all this effort (took a lot of
    Robert> time), I got Ethernut configured and started to work. I forgot
    Robert> to configure for floating point printf functions and fooled
    Robert> myself that my reads of the a to d were returning bad values.
    Robert> That's when I asked the list.  Eventually I saw this problem and
    Robert> reconfigured.  Problem solved, just my memory failing.  (But it
    Robert> would help to do a little work on the Linux toolchain for other
    Robert> distros, if there was effort available).

Again, relevant and substantial input is needed.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de