[En-Nut-Discussion] STM32F2 status

Henrik Maier hmnews at proconx.com
Sat Jan 26 14:07:52 CET 2013

On 26/01/2013 9:44 PM, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> Unrelated to this post but while I have your attention:-)
>
> Hendrik, if I remember right, you crafted the AT90CAN API. I didn't see any
> chance to adapt for the STM32. So I crafted the "can_dev" api. It allows to
> - initialize the device
> - set and query filters
> - send and receive
> I think this can also be ported back to AVR. If you have any comments,
> please let me know.

Well I have contributed the AT90CAN driver this is correct, but the
driver is modelled after the SJA1000 driver so it can plug into Ole
Reinhard's dev/can_dev.c API. Not sure if the STM CAN drivers can be
plugged into the can_dev API and if that would even make sense.

I found with CAN applications it easier to use directly the low level
driver so I can best make use of the particular functions of the
controller. Like filtering and message queue management and timing
control. All these are hard to accomplish with a one-fits-all API.

But this discussion is probably worth a new topic.

Cheers,

Henrik