[En-Nut-Discussion] Where does the LICENSE_ST_GUIDANCE_ONLY require from

Henrik Maier hmnews at proconx.com
Sun Jan 27 08:48:41 CET 2013

On 27/01/2013 2:41 AM, Harald Kipp wrote:
> I'm not familiar with STM32 builds and have a question. What exactly
> fails, if the user doesn't enable LICENSE_MCD_ST_LIBERTY? Building
> Nut/OS libraries for the STM32 in general or just building the application?

Hi Harald,

No problems with version 5.0. Problem only introduced into version 5.1
and trunk.

STMF1 processor line: Building of Nut/OS libraries does not throw an
error but most device drivers are missing in libnutarch.a and hence
building applications later on will fail with linker errors (undefined
reference).

STMF2 processor line: Even building of Nut/OS libraries fails
(libnutarch.a).

I had to add:
	LICENSE_ST_GUIDANCE_ONLY = ""
	LICENSE_MCD_ST_LIBERTY = ""
to the .conf file to fix it for the STM32F2 line. I am not sure if both
or only one of those license tags are required to build for STM32F1.

The frustrating thing is that there is no hint why building either lib
or apps fails and that just simply adding two LICENSE tags to the .conf
file solves the problem.

Cheers,

Henrik