[En-Nut-Discussion] STM32F2 status

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jan 28 13:59:08 CET 2013

    Henrik> On 28/01/2013 9:42 PM, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
    >> line 877 up to 948 of stm32_emac.c contain a big block of pin mapping
    >> operations.  Is this block missing for you or are there errors?

    Henrik> Hello Uwe,

    Henrik> Sorry. That is there indeed. I got confused as I have the BGA
    Henrik> part which is using port G for some signals, a configuration
    Henrik> which is not yet supported (but should be easy to add).

    Henrik> The challenge is now, how to configure the various combinations
    Henrik> of alternate PIN configurations. Quite a few of the Ethernet
    Henrik> signals can be mapped to different pins on an individual
    Henrik> basis. Can you recommend a best practise here to follow?

This is a challenge indeed.

Every family > F1 offers much more flexible in pin remapping than F1. You no
longer remap en-bloc but pin for pin. Look at the UART how I implemented it
there. However for the many pins involved with the different mac access
options (RMII, MII, SMII(?)) the possiblities and so the code will
explode. So the present code only implement to "en-bloc" remap.

There was also the discussion that selecting the pin mapping in the
configurator is deprecated. So maybe the approach I used for the USART must
be reimplemented too at some point. But I think, the discussion had no final
outcome.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de