[En-Nut-Discussion] STM32F2 status

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Jan 28 19:01:17 CET 2013

Hi Uwe,

On 28.01.2013 13:59, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

> There was also the discussion that selecting the pin mapping in the
> configurator is deprecated. So maybe the approach I used for the USART must
> be reimplemented too at some point. But I think, the discussion had no final
> outcome.

I think there is no solution that fits all. I already started to move
some very board-specific settings into nut/arch/xxx/board. But that
doesn't mean, that pin configuration is entirely useless in the
Configurator.

If your board is based on one, that's already supported, but with a
slight modification, it may be easier to load the conf file of the
supported board, add the chip select definition, IRQ or whatever, and
then save the configuration as myboard.conf.

See the recent thread "EIR: SD-Card on SPI", where just a chip select
pin definition is needed to adopt the code to a new board. Implementing
a new board via NutBoardInit() and friends would be much more hassle.