[En-Nut-Discussion] What do do with big (demo) apps on small CPU

Henrik Maier hmnews at proconx.com
Wed Jan 30 12:54:01 CET 2013

On 30/01/2013 7:56 PM, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> The build was done with -mavr-gccdbg. It builds when done with -mavr-gcc
> Sorry for the omission of information.

Hi Uwe and Harald,

I checked and configured using -mavr-gccdbg and indeed building the lua
app then fails. (tested against trunk)

Not a surprise on the AVR as -mavr-gccdbg turns off all optimisations
(-O0) and the lua app is large.

Note this issue is not specific to the xnut-105c.conf file, it also
fails for the ethernut13g.conf file for example. I expect it to fail
for all AVR targets due to the memory constraints of the AVR.

Cheers,

Henrik