[En-Nut-Discussion] What do do with big (demo) apps on small CPU

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Jan 30 13:18:07 CET 2013

Hi Henrik,

On 30.01.2013 12:54, Henrik Maier wrote:

> Not a surprise on the AVR as -mavr-gccdbg turns off all optimisations
> (-O0) and the lua app is large.
>
> Note this issue is not specific to the xnut-105c.conf file, it also
> fails for the ethernut13g.conf file for example. I expect it to fail for
> all AVR targets due to the memory constraints of the AVR.

If there's a possibility to determine the optimization mode, we could
reduce the application code in case of -O0 to a simple warning output.
But currently I do not see, how this could be done. Specifically because
it depends on the build mode of the libraries, not the application code
itself.

Otherwise we should remove this app from the trunk. Users typically get
quite frustrated if their first contact with Nut/OS fails at such an
early stage.