[En-Nut-Discussion] Compiling toolchain and programs on Windows

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Nov 26 10:59:58 CET 2013

Hi Uwe,

On 26.11.2013 10:33, bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de wrote:
> But where to get make.exe? From mingw?

For good reasons the Windows installer provides its own version of GNU
make to ensure that it is compatible with Nut/OS make files. Therefore
it is essential, that you set the PATH to nut/tools/win32 in the first
place, followed by the path to the toolchain's bin directory.

As I said, switch off your brain and simply install and run it with the
defaults. It will work as expected.

P.S.: While writing this, I recognized, that the Windows installer
doesn't include the make sources, which violates the GPL.