[En-Nut-Discussion] But in launchpad toolchain and possibly others as well?

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Tue Nov 26 22:28:40 CET 2013

Hi all,

I just found a bug, that is very likely located in the launchpad arm
toolchain or better said in newlib.

If I try the following:

#include <ctype.h>

printf("Test: %c %c %c, %d %d %d\n",
       'c', tolower('C'), toupper('c'),
       'c', tolower('C'), toupper('c'));

I get the following output:

Test: c C c, 99 67 99

As you can see, you see nothing :) The character case conversion
function tolower and toupper just do nothing.

Could you please check this with your toolchain on different platforms
as well, so we could try to get an overview about the affected toolchains?

Unfortunately these two functions are used in some places in Nut/OS.
Among others the httpd server which results in several errors.

Perhaps we should consider to provide own functions and replace the
usage of these two functions with our own?

Best regards,

Ole

--
kernel concepts GmbH            Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48         Mob: +49-177-7420433