[En-Nut-Discussion] But in launchpad toolchain and possibly others as well?

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Nov 27 09:56:19 CET 2013

Hi Ole,

On 27.11.2013 00:42, Ole Reinhardt wrote:

> On Elektor Internet Radio I got the following results (which are always
> wrong):
> Has anybody else observed such a problem yet?

Not exactly this problem, but 2 months ago I reported, that I had been
unable to compile any application for the EIR when using the launchpad
toolchain:

http://lists.egnite.de/pipermail/en-nut-discussion/2013-September/028897.html

Since that time I'm using YAGARTO for ARM7/9 and Launchpad for Cortex-M3.

I tried your example and still can't build it, running into the same
error. When using the latest YAGARTO, your example works fine.

The funny thing is, that when using YAGARTO to build the application,
and linking against Nut/OS libs built with Launchpad, it still works OK.
This typically fails with larger applications.

Looks to me like a problem with the linker script and newlib. Possibly
__ctype_ptr__ contains some translation tables. In my case the linker
detects the problem. In your case it doesn't, for whatever reason. But
obviously the tables are not at the right place.