[En-Nut-Discussion] About the next beta release

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Oct 10 11:58:53 CEST 2013

Hi all,

recently I made a first try to get Nut/OS built on all supported
platforms. I finally succeeded after, if I remember correctly, removing
the LCD driver from the AVR32 build. No big deal.

There are still a few open problems left, like the stack alignment
problems with Cortex. We should be able to temporarily fix these with
similar workarounds, right?

I still haven't been able to fix the PROGMEM problem for the 8-bit AVR,
which looks tricky. If time allows, I'll try again, but currently there
is no chance. I can still limit the release to the latest AVR toolchain
and exclude WinAVR support. For beta code this should be acceptable.