[En-Nut-Discussion] Fixed-point library

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Sep 25 19:06:43 CEST 2013

Hi Stefan,

On 24.09.2013 14:07, Stefan Hax wrote:
> If this helps, I do these calculations still as integers. Here are my
> examples of sine() and cosine(), 64-bit internal and returning 32-bit.

Looks a bit over-simplified to me. But in general yes, that would be a
possible starter. (For example, I'm missing an automatic mapping to +-45
degrees.)

The thing is, that I'm no longer motivated to spend time with simulated
fixed-point types after GCC offers ISO standard types. Instead, I would
prefer to adapt your trig functions to those new types.

Well, no more responses. Either all subscribers of this list do have
other problems, or worse, there is indeed no math library available for
ISO/IEC TR18037 fixed-point formats. Sigh!