[En-Nut-Discussion] Switching to GIT

bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Sep 25 19:43:51 CEST 2013

    Harald> What does all this really mean in practice for the "normal"
    Harald> developer?  Nothing, except spending hours, possibly days, to
    Harald> become familiar with a new tool, which is badly known for its
    Harald> steep learning curve.

Yes, that is why I suggest to leave it as it is. Keep SVN at sourceforge as
our master repository.

This doesn't force anybode to learn a new tool and allows anybody to use
his/her preferred tool if it supports SVN.

    Harald> And how do you intent to get my local changes?

I don't want to get your local changes. But if you feel that your local
changes have are ready, you load them up to SF SVN
git svn dcommit
and I get them with the next rebase
git svn rebase

    Harald> How about