[En-Nut-Discussion] Switching to GIT

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Sep 26 10:24:50 CEST 2013

Hi Uwe,

On 25.09.2013 19:43, bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de wrote:
>     Harald> And how do you intent to get my local changes?
>
> I don't want to get your local changes. But if you feel that your local
> changes have are ready, you load them up to SF SVN
> git svn dcommit
> and I get them with the next rebase
> git svn rebase

Would that really make sense? According to this thread, all developers,
which are currently active, seem to be ready for a change. Why keep SVN
as the "Git master"?

More questions pop up, because I'm not familiar with the Git/SVN gate.
Today I create a new SVN maintenance branch before releasing a new final
version and tag the trunk at that point. Can I do the same on my local
Git repo and will that be automatically transfered via "git svn commit"?

Git allows a developer to pull from an untrusted source, check the
changes, and, if it looks fine, send a pull request to the master. How
to do that with SVN? Will the change be directly committed by the
developer, who received the untrusted change?