[En-Nut-Discussion] NutTcpConnect() with timeout

Henrik Maier hmnews at proconx.com
Thu Sep 26 02:24:20 CEST 2013

Hi Ole,

I support this feature and actually already made an unpublished patch to
NutTcpStateActiveOpenEvent to use sock->so_read_to.

So instead of:

	 if(sock->so_state == TCPS_SYN_SENT)
  		NutEventWait(&sock->so_ac_tq, 0);

I have:

	 if(sock->so_state == TCPS_SYN_SENT)
  	 {
	    if (NutEventWait(&sock->so_ac_tq, sock->so_read_to))
             return -1;
	 }

I did not come across any side effects and are using this approach
successfully.

Cheers,

Henrik