[En-Nut-Discussion] Heap Memory on STM32F4

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Apr 2 09:13:44 CEST 2014

Hi Holger,

Please do not post large company logos in mailing lists. I manually
approved your post, but it still doesn't appear in my list folder. Mhhh...

I'll answer to the rejected message:

On 01.04.2014 10:24, holger mai wrote:

> now i have up and running NutOS on an Olimex STM32-E407 Board.
> Ethernet works, but the system Memory is only 4096 kB. The debug says:
>
> 114688 bytes RAM total
> 3472 bytes free

Should be much more.

> NUTMEM_SIZE = "114688"
> NUTMEM_START = "0x02000000"

The size looks a bit weird, but that shouldn't cause the problem.

> NUTDEBUG_CHECK_STACK = ""

Aha, you experienced other problems as well, right?

First examine your linker map file to see, whether a large memory block
at 0x02xxxxxx.

If nothing suspicious can be found, you can look to the Nut/OS Software
Manual about how to debug heap memory.

> In the linkerscript (stm32f10x_flash.ld  &  stm32f405xG_flash.ld ) the
> .heap section is commented out. If i uncomment this, it procuces a
> linker error, .heap exceeds RAM-Size.

Nut/OS comes with its own heap management.