[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem with registry DEV_ETHER

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Aug 25 11:38:19 CEST 2014

Hi Matthew,

On 24.08.2014 19:30, Mateusz K. wrote:
> I have board "Mmnet104" so, my file "Mmnet104.conf" is default.

We take care to apply required updates to all configuration files.
However, for the release packet I only check, that builds for all
platforms are compiled and linked without error.

We depend on the manufacturers or users of specific boards to fix
runtime problems. To verify a runtime problem, let us reproduce it with
an _unmodified_ example build from nutapp. If none is available, a new
minimal (again: MINIMAL!) example should be created.

It is most difficult and time consuming, to reproduce failures

* after Nut/OS source or include files had been modified
* inside complex applications

> I don't use DHCP because I tried use DHCP but it didn't work. I use static
> IP config and I always have the same address.

How did you enable static IP configuration? Note, that you don't need to
modify application examples to use static IPs. Just run the editconf
application once to set up your network configuration.

If you are using the Windows installation of Nut/OS, you will even find
a ready-to-run editconf image for your board at

 nut\bin\boards\mmnet102_103_104\avr-gcc

Btw., when done, you should be able to run any other pre-built image
from this directory, like httpserv.hex.

For the ATmega128-based MMnet104 make sure, that the "preserve EEPROM
fuse" is enabled. Otherwise your previously saved configuration gets
lost when flashing another image.

If manufacturers distribute boards for Nut/OS, they should enable this
fuse before shipping to achieve best user experience.