[En-Nut-Discussion] STM32L1xx series status

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Dec 28 11:27:32 CET 2014

>>>>> "Ulrich" == Ulrich Prinz <ulrich.prinz at googlemail.com> writes:

Sorry if I didn't read carefully enough.

    Ulrich> Finally that is the thing I requested 5 years ago: Why can't we
    Ulrich> add an option to save the project path in the configuration
    Ulrich> (even optionally)?

As with every FOSS project, it is up to the communitiy to propose a coded
solution. Was such a solution discarded? I think 5 years ago, I was a casual
lurker only and I don't remember.

    Ulrich> I see that a normal standard project
    Ulrich> delivered with the package of NutO/S should work with every
    Ulrich> configuration, but users of NutO/S do not stay at using only the
    Ulrich> projects delivered with the system. They build projects on top
    Ulrich> of the system. And I will probably have three different STM32
    Ulrich> CPUs in my next projects, so I have to switch not only the
    Ulrich> application, but the complete library path with every project
    Ulrich> setting.

For my projects, I use a different location for each application projects. To
create the build environment, I start with the .conf file of the project in
it's own directory and create the build trees with:

#!/bin/bash

NUTSOURCE=/home/bon/devel/ethernut_sf/nut

NUTCONFIGURE=$NUTSOURCE/tools/nutconf/src/nutconfigure
NUTREPO=$NUTSOURCE/conf/repository.nut
BASE=$(basename $1 .conf)
if [ -z "$2" ]
then
   TOOLCHAIN=cm3-gcc
else
   TOOLCHAIN=$2
fi

$NUTCONFIGURE -b lib_$BASE -c $BASE.conf -l lib_$BASE/lib -r $NUTREPO -s
$NUTSOURCE -m$TOOLCHAIN create-buildtree
$NUTCONFIGURE -b lib_$BASE -c $BASE.conf -l lib_$BASE/lib -r $NUTREPO -s
$NUTSOURCE -m$TOOLCHAIN create-usertree

Then I copy a Makefile of a simple nut/app/xxx application and adapt it.
This scheme is still missing a dependancy between work in the ethernut tree
and the application tree, but it keeps things well apart.

Is the "--create-usertree" a usefull option for your problem?

Hope this helps.

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de