[En-Nut-Discussion] RPM packages

Marcin Trendota moonwolf.ethernut at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 13:43:35 CET 2014

I finally created Fedora 18 packages (for testing purposes from trunk,
so these are not meant to be use in production!). I tried to break
archive into smaller pieces but i failed in few cases. I can't extract
includes (include/ directory) for example, because Makefiles are adding
'-I' parameter with source directory. I don't know if this can be
changed without patching NutOS files?

I tried to extract conf/ dir to /usr/share/ also without luck (i
believe configuration files should be there, not in source tree).

Apart this i had to do some tweaks (copy files with cp) to extract
documentation. And hardcoded *docdir in Makefile.am (for tools) gave me
some headache.

I wonder if it's worth to modificate configuration scripts / makefiles
to allow those extractions and make tweaks unnecessary? To be honest i
don't know which files will need modification and maybe this could be
done by some options passed to autogen.sh / configure scripts?

Anyway i managed to compile NutOS installed from RPMs. It still need a
lot of work, of course. Ideally i will manage make it FHS compliant,
but more important for now is to clean spec file and add all required
dependencies. If someone is willing to test these packages i will put
them somewhere public. Ultimately i'll try to estabilish yum repository
for Fedora and RHEL/CentOS.

--
Best regards
Marcin Trendota