[En-Nut-Discussion] Moving NutCondition, NutMsgQ, NutMutex and NutSem

bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Jan 12 17:52:22 CET 2014

    Harald> Hi all, NutCondition, NutMsgQ, NutMutex and NutSem had been
    Harald> added to support applications, which may need these
    Harald> candies. Nut/OS drivers and Nut/Net doesn't make use of any of
    Harald> these functions.

Good to know. I thought about using NutMutex for some recent recent problem,
but soon switch to a critical section to be able to use in a signal.

    Harald> Furthermore their implementation is partly
    Harald> suboptimal (no timeout on semaphores) and partly not following
    Harald> our coding style and, finally, the related documentation is
    Harald> incomplete. Ole's well designed and documented NutCondition is
    Harald> an exception.

    Harald> Unfortunately they went into directory nut/os/, making people
    Harald> believe, that they could rely on them as part of Nut/OS. I'm
    Harald> tired answering question about these "gimmicks" by private email
    Harald> and would prefer to reply: "These are external parts,
    Harald> contributed for your convenience. If they provide problems, you
    Harald> are on your own."

    Harald> What do you think? Should we fix the related issues or should we
    Harald> move them to the gorp directory?

Even if we fix the issues, you are are free to move.

But is there any example how to use things (gorp)?. For me it is a directory
containing only unknown things.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de