[En-Nut-Discussion] Moving NutCondition, NutMsgQ, NutMutex and NutSem

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Sun Jan 12 16:12:09 CET 2014

Hi all,

NutCondition, NutMsgQ, NutMutex and NutSem had been added to support
applications, which may need these candies. Nut/OS drivers and Nut/Net
doesn't make use of any of these functions. Furthermore their
implementation is partly suboptimal (no timeout on semaphores) and
partly not following our coding style and, finally, the related
documentation is incomplete. Ole's well designed and documented
NutCondition is an exception.

Unfortunately they went into directory nut/os/, making people believe,
that they could rely on them as part of Nut/OS. I'm tired answering
question about these "gimmicks" by private email and would prefer to
reply: "These are external parts, contributed for your convenience. If
they provide problems, you are on your own."

What do you think? Should we fix the related issues or should we move
them to the gorp directory?