[En-Nut-Discussion] Moving NutCondition, NutMsgQ, NutMutex and NutSem

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Sun Jan 12 23:43:22 CET 2014

Hi Harald,

> Unfortunately they went into directory nut/os/, making people believe,
> that they could rely on them as part of Nut/OS. I'm tired answering
> question about these "gimmicks" by private email and would prefer to
> reply: "These are external parts, contributed for your convenience. If
> they provide problems, you are on your own."

> What do you think? Should we fix the related issues or should we move
> them to the gorp directory?

I'd first like to step back a little:

gorp... I never was really convinced by this name for the "gimmick" library.

I'd like to suggest to rename the whole directory to "lib", or something
else more meaningful and fill up its directories with more commonly
needed code over the time.

The I would vote to do both: Move the mentioned implementations _and_
fix them.

I would even suggest to try to reach libpthread compatibility in the
future (also by providing wrapper functions in the pthread syntax if
possible). This would help porting further third party libraries to Nut/OS.

Bye,

Ole

--
kernel concepts GmbH            Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48         Mob: +49-177-7420433