[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS under Ubuntu 14.04

Michael H. farwest at gmx.de
Sat Nov 22 22:37:40 CET 2014

Am 22.11.2014 um 14:27 schrieb Uwe Bonnes:

>     Michael> Hello all,
>
>     Michael> has anyone successfully set up Nut/OS (ethernut-5.1.0
[..]

> Consider SVN Head, perhaps witha local git/ global svn workflow. There has
> been done some work on the AVR prog_char problem...
>
> Bye

Hello Uwe,

I now downloaded the repo (ethernut-code.git.tar.gz as of 2014-10-08)
and did the setup as described at the ethernut website.
Then ran autogen.sh, then configure, make, sudo make install: all fine.
cd nut/lib
make clean -> same as before: didn't find *.mk
had to run lua nutsetup.lua to create the NutConf.mk
Shouldn't the configure-script create NutConf.mk?
runing nutsetup doesen't create it either.

had to remove -WError in Makevars.gcc for to get past some unused
variable warnings.
then had an error in arch/avr/dev/wlan.c. Missing comma at line 122.
then had arch/avr/dev/hd44780.c missing. Copied it from 5.1.0-1.
then:
tcpsm.c: In function ‘NutTcpStateRetranTimeout’:
tcpsm.c:988:33: error: ‘TCP_RTTO_MAX’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
             if (sock->so_rtto < TCP_RTTO_MAX / 2) {

So here I'm stuck again.
As I can see from the list, tcpsm.c is under construction at the moment.
Will try again later...
Also I will have look into SVN. I'm not familiar with it right now. I
guess I can get the HEAD of branch with something like "svn HEAD
NUT-URL" and have the diffs to update my local version.

Thanks for your help!

Bye
Michael