[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS under Ubuntu 14.04

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Nov 23 15:37:22 CET 2014

    Michael> Am 22.11.2014 um 14:27 schrieb Uwe Bonnes:
    Michael> I now downloaded the repo (ethernut-code.git.tar.gz as of
    Michael> 2014-10-08) and did the setup as described at the ethernut
    Michael> website.  Then ran autogen.sh, then configure, make, sudo make
    Michael> install: all fine.  cd nut/lib make clean -> same as before:
    Michael> didn't find *.mk had to run lua nutsetup.lua to create the
    Michael> NutConf.mk Shouldn't the configure-script create NutConf.mk?
    Michael> runing nutsetup doesen't create it either.

    Michael> had to remove -WError in Makevars.gcc for to get past some
    Michael> unused variable warnings.  then had an error in
    Michael> arch/avr/dev/wlan.c. Missing comma at line 122.  then had
    Michael> arch/avr/dev/hd44780.c missing. Copied it from 5.1.0-1.  then:
    Michael> tcpsm.c: In function ‘NutTcpStateRetranTimeout’:
    Michael> tcpsm.c:988:33: error: ‘TCP_RTTO_MAX’ undeclared (first use in
    Michael> this function) if (sock->so_rtto < TCP_RTTO_MAX / 2) {

You still didn't tell what conf file you used... If it is not in the
distribution, make it available...

    Michael> So here I'm stuck again.  As I can see from the list, tcpsm.c
    Michael> is under construction at the moment.  Will try again later...
    Michael> Also I will have look into SVN. I'm not familiar with it right
    Michael> now. I guess I can get the HEAD of branch with something like
    Michael> "svn HEAD NUT-URL" and have the diffs to update my local
    Michael> version.

As explained on http://www.ethernut.de/en/download/index.html

as simple "git svn rebase" gets you to SVN Head. But this is only to follow
further development, at the moment your problem probably is elsewhere.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de