[En-Nut-Discussion] Platform independent HD44780 driver (remove old ones)

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 19:23:37 CEST 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 6:45 AM, Uwe Bonnes
<bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

>     Thiago> Hi, I have an HD44780 LCD driver built on top of the porttran
>     Thiago> and NutGpio functions that will work in a platform independent
>     Thiago> way. It's already tested on atmega128 and AVR32
>     Thiago> UC3A0512. Unfortunally I don't have any ARM board to test, but
>     Thiago> there is no reason for it not to work on those as well.
>
>     Thiago>     I intend to upload this and at the same time remove all the
>     Thiago> platform dependent ones to avoid the name clashes and keep the
>     Thiago> overall code clean. Your config files should be work unchanged
>     Thiago> AFAIK.
>
> I think you should go ahead.

Ok, I've uploaded it. It isn't fancy at all, HD44780 is fairly simple.
It might need some tweaking. Let me know if anyone has problems with
it.

> I am also interested in your driver stacking, as I have code to provide some
> framebuffer support for ST7575(MBed, Eadog128), Ili9341( F429/MR24
> Discovery), Sharp LS013 (Display from the Zero Gecko) and SEPS525 (DD160128
> Oled Display) and try to integrate it into nut/dev.
>
> The LSB SPI transfer is needed for the LS013.
> Thiago, could you perhaps provide LSB transfer for AVR32?

I will see what I can do, but I don't have hardware to test it with.

> Where to put a Bit reversal generic into ethernut?

There is one already in include/sys/types.h
But maybe it could be a weak inline, then platforms can provide
optimized code if they wish to, like AVR does in that same header.

Kind Regards,
     Thiago A. Correa