[En-Nut-Discussion] Platform independent HD44780 driver (remove old ones)

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Sep 11 11:45:51 CEST 2014

    Thiago> Hi, I have an HD44780 LCD driver built on top of the porttran
    Thiago> and NutGpio functions that will work in a platform independent
    Thiago> way. It's already tested on atmega128 and AVR32
    Thiago> UC3A0512. Unfortunally I don't have any ARM board to test, but
    Thiago> there is no reason for it not to work on those as well.

    Thiago>     I intend to upload this and at the same time remove all the
    Thiago> platform dependent ones to avoid the name clashes and keep the
    Thiago> overall code clean. Your config files should be work unchanged
    Thiago> AFAIK.

I think you should go ahead.
I am also interested in your driver stacking, as I have code to provide some
framebuffer support for ST7575(MBed, Eadog128), Ili9341( F429/MR24
Discovery), Sharp LS013 (Display from the Zero Gecko) and SEPS525 (DD160128
Oled Display) and try to integrate it into nut/dev.

The LSB SPI transfer is needed for the LS013.
Thiago, could you perhaps provide LSB transfer for AVR32?
Any SAM7 user: Does Sam7 allow SPI LSB transfers? A short scan through the
AT91SAM7 datasheets gives me the impression that the SPI peripheral doesn't
provide that capability.
Where to put a Bit reversal generic into ethernut?

Thanks

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de