[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut on TIVA

Philipp Burch phip at hb9etc.ch
Mon Sep 15 20:04:49 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

since TI dropped the Stellaris family, I'm currently redesigning a board
to use one of their TIVA parts (the TM4C1294, to be exactly). I also
considered moving to a different vendor like ST, but the integrated
MAC+PHY and the EPI proved really useful, so we decided to stick with
the TI stuff. We even managed to get 10 of those ICs already ;)

Anyway, what I wanted to ask is if anyone here already started to port
Ethernut to this family. Or at least to another Cortex-M4.

@Uwe: I remember the discussion concerning the incredible restrictive
licenses of TivaWare. There seems to be no definitive answer yet, so I
guess I'll just do it the same way as for the LM3S and simply place a
README in the code telling the user to download the required files
himself. At least as a temporary "workaround".

Regards,
Philipp