[En-Nut-Discussion] Thread monitoring

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Apr 9 10:56:13 CEST 2015

    Coleman> Hello, I'm having an issue where the HTTP thread doesn't seem
    Coleman> to be starting up correctly.

I guess, you are on AVR and probably you don't have a JTAG debugger. So
beside using the debugger you can
- use the functions defined in sys/thread.h for stack monitoring
- use pin toggle at crucial points in the thread and watch with a
scope/logic analyser.

Printf-debugging with spoil the timing and produce hickup with other threads
printing, but may also be an option.

And a fresh look at your code can also help to find the culprit.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de