[En-Nut-Discussion] DHCP Issues

Coleman Brumley cbrumley at polarsoft.biz
Tue Feb 17 19:04:38 CET 2015

Ole,

> So especially for systems with larger RAM (ARM, Cortex) I think we should
> enlarge this a lot. (Personally I use ~1K of stack for dhcp, tcpsm,
emacrx,
> instead of the pre-defined values on my LPC17xx platform.

That's an interesting take on this. Thank you for the feedback.

I notice that while the DHCP thread is running, and I connect to the board
via HTTP that the DHCP thread starts "acting up" (the socket gets reset,
etc.). Again, I'm wondering if this is related somehow to stack space.

Once the DHCP thread gets into this "bad state" it never renews the DHCP
lease.

Coleman