[En-Nut-Discussion] RFC: Make ethernet phy mode RMII the default

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat Jul 4 13:35:18 CEST 2015

Hello,

at present, our configuration makes MII mode the default and only RMII mode
can provide a configuration marker via provides{}. That way when RMII mode is
needed, I see no way to skip MII pin configuration in the pin configurator.

So I request to make RMII mode the default. That way, MII mode may provide a
marker and phy pin configuration can require{} this marker.

!!! This is a user visible change!!!

Thanks
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de