[En-Nut-Discussion] RFC: Make ethernet phy mode RMII the default

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Thu Jul 23 01:59:44 CEST 2015

Hi Uwe,

in most designs, we normaly use RMII mode anyway, because it needs less
connections.

AFAIK MII mode is only needed for some AT91 platforms. So I would
suggest to make RMII mode the default for most platforms and keep MII as
default only for those AT91 drivers. What do you think?

Best regads,

Ole

--
kernel concepts GmbH            Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48         Mob: +49-177-7420433