[En-Nut-Discussion] FTPD - RMD command response

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Jun 29 18:03:11 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 29.05.2015 10:53, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

> Probably a 257 response should return the created pathname and our 257
> response does not, so 250 would be better. But perhaps some of the eth guys
> can comment on this. Let's wait on some response.

One month later...

Frankly, as the original author of the FTP server code, I'm not very
proud of this hack. Once there had been an urgent need of FTP uploads in
one project, so I created this piece of crap. It works somehow with
command line FTP clients, but fails with many GUI clients.

Nowadays I prefer file uploads via web interface. Think twice if you
want to invest any more time in this buggy code. No question, FTP is
quite useful. But the existing code needs a major redesign. At least
file transfers should be handled in an separate thread.