[En-Nut-Discussion] Scheduling out of Interrupt sometimes take a timertick NAP

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Mar 9 17:00:05 CET 2015

Hi Uwe,

On 09.03.2015 16:17, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

>     Nathan> On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 8:57 AM, Harald Kipp
>     Nathan> <harald.kipp at egnite.de> wrote:
>     >> Btw. in earlier releases this function was named NutEventPostAsync(),
>     >> which IMHO better reflects its behavior. This function is not limited
>     >> to interrupt routines.
>
> Is there anything I have to observe when changing NutEventPostFromIrq(x)
> against NutEventPostAsync(x)?
> Doing so in my programm, SPI transfer hangs after some time.

Sorry about this, but as Nathan pointed out, NutEventPostFromIrq() is
not a replacement of NutEventPostAsync(). You must use
NutEventPostFromIrq(). See also

http://sourceforge.net/p/ethernut/code/1509/

and

http://sourceforge.net/p/ethernut/code/1512/

for the latest prominent changes in this area.

Man! This is nearly a decade ago...