[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP sockets stuck in closing state

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue May 12 11:35:18 CEST 2015

Hi Coleman,

On 11.05.2015 21:57, Coleman Brumley wrote:
> Harald,
>
>> Quite some years ago there had been some trouble with short lived
> connections at high
>> frequencies and also with sending a large number of tiny segments. We set
> up simple test
>> cases to address this problem and were able to fix it.
>
> Is this documented somewhere, maybe in the discussion archives? I could find
> no reference to it.

Best reference for pre-4.10 versions is the Changelog file in directory
nut within your Ethernut installation directory. The fixes I talked
about are already part of 4.8.

Hey, while looking into it: You are using 4.8.7, right? At least this fix

http://sourceforge.net/p/ethernut/bugs/115/

may be worth to upgrade to 4.8.8 (if it applies to 32-bit CPUs also, of
which I'm not fully sure). I'd recommend to upgrade at least to 4.8.9. A
change of the third member of the version number only states, that you
will not be annoyed by any new "features" or incompatibilities. Just bug
fixes.

Upgrading from 4.8.X to 4.10.X is a bit different and may result in
unforeseen problems.