[En-Nut-Discussion] Custom linker script

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Sep 11 11:18:38 CEST 2015

Hi Coleman,

On 09.09.2015 17:10, Coleman Brumley wrote:
>> For your approach you would need to adapte th linker sraech path.
>>
>> ./conf/tools.nut already has
>>
>>    at91sam7x256_bootrom     = "AT91SAM7X256, code running in FLASH,
>>    bootloader in FLASH (code entry at offset 0xC000)",
>>
>> as linker selection. Why can't you use this feature?
>
> Because I'm using 4.8.7 (and I cannot upgrade) which doesn't appear to have
> this feature.

This document may help:

http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/ntn-5_config.html

You can add

 LDNAME=myscript_ram
 LDSCRIPT=$(top_appdir)/myapp/$(LDNAME).ld

in UserConf.mk to override the settings made in NutConf.mk.

Be aware, that this had been somehow changed after 4.8, according to
this thread:

http://lists.egnite.de/pipermail/en-nut-discussion/2012-February/027475.html