[En-Nut-Discussion] Eclipse leftovers in NutO/S?

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Jun 16 13:04:53 CEST 2016

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 11:40:06AM +0200, Ulrich Prinz wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I had a long wressle till I could come around some real bad
> incompatibilities between Eclipse Mars.2 and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. In that
> hassle I deleted several existing workspaces (sure I do have copies).
> (An Upgrade to Eclipse Neon RC3 + CDT Beta works perfectly now)
>
> In that work I found, that NutO/S seems to have Eclipse settings in its
> repository. Is this really needed?
>
> I am using svn over git, so a git status revealed these files to be deleted:
>
> gelöscht:       .project
> gelöscht:       .settings/org.eclipse.cdt.codan.core.prefs
> gelöscht:       .settings/org.eclipse.cdt.core.prefs

It seems some hidden file was added when some branch was added:
commit c30a3e96a55d785d7fb62868ac8c6884413e2ba7
Author: shindy2m <shindy2m at 1ca430b3-8271-4a6b-9b0e-3dcac98a8924>
Date:   Thu Nov 8 09:25:02 2012 +0000

    - uprava konfigurace projektu - priorita inkludu, zdrojove soubory

    git-svn-id: svn+ssh://svn.code.sf.net/p/ethernut/code/branches/devnut_freescale@4823 1ca430b3-8271-4a6b-9b0e-3dcac98a8924
~
The commit message is not in englisch and it seems the committer has no real
name. So from my side no objection to remove, you still should have commit
rights.

I use NutOS bare bones...

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de