[En-Nut-Discussion] SVN REV 6452 and 6451

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue May 24 15:11:00 CEST 2016

    Ole> Hi Uwe, Am 23.05.2016 um 14:46 schrieb Uwe Bonnes:
    >> can you please explain why you need both patches? I must confess all
    >> these STM32 names are confusing, and I did a lot of errors. After the
    >> last rework, however I think the names are more consistant.

    Ole> in r6451 I fixed the arch.nut to export the MCU_STM32xxx define for
    Ole> any of the STM32 controllers. For lots of them the define was not
    Ole> written to include/cfg/arch.h so that the code could not reference
    Ole> to these defines.

    Ole> In my case I needed the

    Ole> MCU_STM32F411xE define, which was not exported.

You don't need MCU_STM32F411xE. STM32F411xE is the define you need to look for!
It is what we already use to include the vendor header.

    >> To explain: - HW_MCU_XXX is used only in the configurator -
    >> MCU_STM32_XXX is used for families and subfamilies and exported in
    >> the include/cfg headers - STM32 is finally used to include the device
    >> specific vendor header via stm32xxxx.h
    >>
    >> E.g. Rev 6452 splits MCU_STM32F401 in MCU_STM32F401xC and
    >> MCU_STM32F401xE to no obvious purpose. "MCU_STM32F401" is (or at
    >> least should be) defined and expoted for both MCU_STM32F401xC and
    >> MCU_STM32F401xE.

    Ole> Yes, here we had the second problem.
    Ole> arch.nut does not define MCU_STM32F401, but it defines
    Ole> MCU_STM32F401xC and MCU_STM32F401xE.

Did you run with a custom config?

Running conf/nucleo_f401re with 6450 gives following defines in
include/cfg/arch.h:
#define PLATFORM NUCLEO
#define CM3_GCC
#define MCU_STM32F401xE
#define MCU_CM3 1
#define MCU_STM32 1
#define MCU_STM32F4 1
#define MCU_STM32F401 1
#define STM32F401xE 1
#define STM32_GPIO_DEFAULT_MODE GPIO_DEFAULT_MODE

So here neither MCU_STM32F401 is missing nor some define for the exact part.
But MCU_STM32F401xE could be ommited. I will clean up as I find time...

Please recheck!

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

--------- Tel. 06151 1623569 ------- Fax. 06151 1623305 ---------