[En-Nut-Discussion] SVN REV 6452 and 6451

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Tue May 24 14:46:26 CEST 2016

Hi Uwe,

Am 23.05.2016 um 14:46 schrieb Uwe Bonnes:
> can you please explain why you need both patches? I must confess all these
> STM32 names are confusing, and I did a lot of errors. After the last rework,
> however I think the names are more consistant.

in r6451 I fixed the arch.nut to export the MCU_STM32xxx define for any
of the STM32 controllers. For lots of them the define was not written to
include/cfg/arch.h so that the code could not reference to these defines.

In my case I needed the

MCU_STM32F411xE define, which was not exported.

> To explain:
> - HW_MCU_XXX is used only in the configurator
> - MCU_STM32_XXX is used for families and subfamilies and exported in
>   the include/cfg headers
> - STM32 is finally used to include the device specific vendor header via
>   stm32xxxx.h
>
> E.g. Rev 6452 splits MCU_STM32F401 in MCU_STM32F401xC and MCU_STM32F401xE to
> no obvious purpose. "MCU_STM32F401" is (or at least should be) defined and
> expoted for both MCU_STM32F401xC and MCU_STM32F401xE.

Yes, here we had the second problem.

arch.nut does not define MCU_STM32F401, but it defines MCU_STM32F401xC
and MCU_STM32F401xE.

I do not know enough about the STM32 families to decide which CPUs could
be covered by one define. So I decided to fix the code as comitted in r6452

Bye,

Ole

--
Embedded-IT