[En-Nut-Discussion] STM32L051 and LPUART

Ulrich Prinz ulrich.prinz at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:17:53 CEST 2016

Hi Uwe!

yes, you may send me personal / direct email at any time to my full
name divided by a dot to the google mail service ending with com :)

I haven't really turned away from NutO/S but I wanted to see if it is
manageable to cut the deprecated and small systems out of the code. We
are designing out AVR completely and so it doesn't make sense to keep
complex build systems and 8-bit downwards compatibility for the cost
of complex code.
However there was not enough time to finish this work and to find a
way to merge updates from one side to the other in an easy way.

But I liked the flexibility of NutO/S and the option to do high-speed
hard interrupt software underneath the system while the system itself
works still stable very attractive. As I need to run software
controlled buck regulators, it is handy to have these options.

So I am back with some new devices that like to be redesigned for this
O/S and I was just checking my options. Looks like I need to design in
the STM32L051T8Y6 as it is completely missing right now. I am still
crawling through the .nut files to collect all options needed.

For the UART / LPUART, I was sure that ST did just recycle the
standard register setup as they did this in the past for the reduced
debug UART in the same way. There should only be some special clock
setup as it's clock is derived from the low power tree, I bet.

For the new approach, I'd love to se a simple terminal. Just send the files :)

Kind regards
Ulrich