[En-Nut-Discussion] No rule to make ...

Nikolas Becker N.Becker at pemtec.de
Thu Dec 5 13:41:30 CET 2019

Hello,

I started with a project for the ethernut5 board with Nut/OS around a year ago and had some nice help from you. The project took a break and now I have to continue. I reinstalled the ethernut software 5.2.4 and yagarto. I followed the manual up to the point where the Nut/OS libraries are built. The building fails with the following log:

14:02:47: Creating Makefiles for arm-gcc in nutbld
14:02:47: Creating header files in nutbld
14:02:47: OK
14:02:49: ----- Running 'make clean' -----
14:02:49: Located D:\dev\trunk\Ethernut\ethernut-5.2\nut\tools\win32\make.exe
14:02:56: ----- 'make clean' terminated successfully -----
14:02:56: ----- Running 'make all' -----
14:02:56: Located D:\dev\trunk\Ethernut\ethernut-5.2\nut\tools\win32\make.exe
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `aes.o', needed by `libnutcrypto.a'.  Stop.
make: *** [all] Error 2
14:05:08: ----- 'make all' failed with error 2 -----

Im using the non-QT version of the Configurator, chose the recommended arm-gcc platform, added yagarto to the path-variables and loaded the ethernut5f config file.

After checking the makerules.gcc, I found some commentary for this issue, where is stated that it was fixed, but somehow in my case it isn't.

Any idea where my mistake is?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

pEMTec SNC