[En-Nut-Discussion] SRAM speed

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Sep 12 10:49:13 CEST 2002

Alastair,

After getting back to my old university books with
Karnaugh diagrams, Quine Mac Clusky expressions and
all this stuff, I soon realized, that simple logic
wouldn't help. The distributor told me, that nobody
uses GALs or PALs anymore and recommended a Cypress
Starter Kit. Somebody at egnite is currently playing
with Warp 6. That's the status - a bit simplified. :-)

Yes, I also find out that using a 5V tolerant chip
is the way to go. Another plan is to replace the
RTL8019AS with the SMCs LAN 91C111.

Everything is still open. Note, that I was forced
to get back to hardware, after I couldn't find
something like Ethernut two years ago, except Rabbit.
Rabbit is OK, but AVR and GNU looked much more
interesting.

I'm more addicted to software and will appreciate
any advice regarding the hardware.