[En-Nut-Discussion] Newbie

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Feb 4 21:01:40 CET 2003

>Manually with the Basemon program. However I changed the fuse settings to
>preserve the EEPROM contents during reprogramming.

Ah, you're no newbie, are you? I have to check that.

>I've also noticed when running the RS232D demo on the large network at work,
>that when ping the board some pings go astray. Is this a result of using the
>simplified RS232D demo or is it an indication of something much worst ?

No, that's OK. TCP is the only reliable transfer. Ethernut
is too small to handle so many broadcasts. Most other 8-bit
stacks even crash on heavy traffic. Ethernut seems to be
quite stable, as far as I can say.

Pings (ICMP) and UDP traffic can get lost. Happens often,
when Ethernut needs to reset the Ethernet Controller because
of packet overflow.