[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem with Ethernut Startup

en-nut-discussion-admin at egnite.de en-nut-discussion-admin at egnite.de
Mon Jun 23 22:22:58 CEST 2003

> There's definitely nothing done with the Ethernet controller
> unless you call NutRegisterDevice.
I look through NutInit and so on an it's true. I experimented a bit today
and now I am totally confused. I took the "simple" project and added part
after part to it and now I have my whole program rebuilt that way and it
works. I don't see any differences except that I defined a 4kB bitmap now in
program memory. Maybe I am running out of RAM? But I only have two "big"
(2kB) arrays and that bitmap and a few char variables.

> Important:
> Please do not use Basemon as a sample, this program is a
> miserable hack, only used to test the board, even if the
> external RAM is gone. Use httpserv.
I see that, but it was/is the only program that works, beside my own - now.

We'll if it works tomorrow, too. I am a bit worried that there might be a
hardware problem.

BTW: How can I determine the actual IP adress? I want to show it on the
console.

Bye
Thorsten