[En-Nut-Discussion] Memory Question

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Sat May 10 11:44:14 CEST 2003

Hi Martin,

I'm still waiting for the final Ethernut 2 prototype PCBs.
Ethernut 2 is equipped with 512k RAM. If the prototype
works as expected, we will be able to ship the final boards
within a few weeks. If not...well.

It is possible to expand the RAM via expansion connector.
Jepser Hansen did this once on the first MP3 add-on, he
designed and it worked. But it was scraped later, because
the MP3 software didn't need the extra 32k RAM when running
in a LAN and would have required much more RAM for streaming
MP3 over the Internet.

Harald