[En-Nut-Discussion] New winavr avr-libc 0.99.90.20030829

peter.scandrett at transport.alstom.com peter.scandrett at transport.alstom.com
Thu Sep 18 03:55:00 CEST 2003

Hi all,

On 18-Sep-03 Nic wrote
> 2- strtok_r is now in the libc (at last),
> problem is it's conflicting with Peter
> Scandrett version, I suggest we rename
> the Ethernut strtok_r to etehrnut_strtok_r
> to maintain some backward compatibility or
> we simply remove it and use the libc one ?
> BTW, the 2 versions havew different agruments

IMHO, I think we should remove my original version of STRTOK_R as it has a
different function prototype to every other implementation. This has
portability implications if one wants to take code to other platforms.

In addition, my version supports STRSEP_R too, which is useful for parsing
a string with consecutive separators which are significant (like a CSV
file). My new version has a date of 10-Sep-03 at the top of the file.

Peter Scandrett