[En-Nut-Discussion] Major memory mapping changes?

Carlos cma at tinet.org
Sat Dec 4 14:06:02 CET 2004

Hi all,

Radek, I had a similar problem and after taking a look at the ethernut 2.0
schematics I have seen what Pavel and Harald told:

1.- "One difference between Ethernut 1 and 2 is the voltage level. Ethernut
1 uses a 5V 74HC to latch the upper address bits while Ethernut 2 uses the
3.3V CPLD"
2.- "There _must_ be a latch to obtain 16-bit wide address bus, as on the
MCU side the data lines and half of address lines share the same pins."

So, if I am not wrong, in the Ethernut 2.0 board expansion port, lines
ranging from A0 to A7 work at 3.3V (because they are latched in the 3.3V
CPLD), and lines A8 to A15 work at 5V, because they are connected directly
to the MCU.

Could anyone confirm this, please?

Many thanks in advance,
Carlos.