[En-Nut-Discussion] http server problems

h-h.gerhard at onlinehome.de h-h.gerhard at onlinehome.de
Wed Jan 7 17:04:03 CET 2004

Hello Harald and Michel,

I have exactly the same problem as Michel, with the "httpserv" program.
I tried everything like Michel and all of Haralds advices.

I installed all files (newest version from ethernut website) and I've
used nutconf.exe.
I copied all lib files manually to the icc\lib directory.
I checked all options in my compiler and I checked the UserConf.mk file.

Everything seems to be correct.

Of course I rebuilt my project and ICC didn't write anything about an
error, just "Done."
Flashing the "httpserv.hex" file from "c:\Ethernut\nut\appicc\httpd\"
and verifying it went well too.

...but like Michel already wrote, the ethernut2 board doesn't connect
LAN, but from the COM port I receive:

"Nut/OS 3.3.2.1 HTTP Daemon...Registering device failed
EEPROM/DHCP/ARP config failed
192.168.150.112 ready"

Theres is the right IP in the EEPROM, because if I copy the example
"c:\Ethernut\nut\bin\atmega128\httpserv.hex" into the board, everything
works fine, the board connects LAN, my browser shows all example
webpages and I receive the following message through the COM port:
"Nut/OS 3.3.2.1 HTTP Daemon...192.168.150.112 ready"

I have no glue, why it doesn't work with my self-compiled file...

cu Nig

P.S.: I was wrong in my last email. It just worked because I've copied
the wrong file (the one from the bin-directory) into the ethernut
board...